Professional Malpractice Law
Torshen, Slobig & Axel, Ltd. is one of the few firms in the Chicago area that has the courage and skill to represent clients who have sustained losses as the result of unprofessional and inadequate performance by their attorneys and accountants. We have successfully litigated our clients' substantial claims against some of the largest and best known law and accounting firms. We have represented attorneys before the Attorney Registration and Disciplinary Commission of the Supreme Court of Illinois.
- Butler v. Mayer, Brown and Platt, 301 Ill.App.3d. 919, 704 N.E.2d. 740, 235 Ill. Dec. 167 (1st Dist. 1998). We represented client in malpractice action against major law firm; the case established Illinois precedent on the accrual of a cause of action for legal malpractice under the statute of limitations.
- York Woods Community Association v. O'Brien, 353 III.App.3d. 293, 818 N.E.2d. 350, 288 Ill.Dec. 662 (2d Dist. 2004). We represented a community association in a professional negligence suit against its former attorney.
- Ashcraft & Ashcraft v. Highland Partners, Inc., Case No. 91 L 2249 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We recovered a $1.45 million jury verdict against a law firm in a case arising out of a lawyer's failure to disclose a potential conflict of interest to his clients.
- Datronic Equipment Income Fund XVI, et al. v. Weiss & Company and Price Waterhouse, Case No. 95 L 17447 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We obtained a rare jury verdict against a Big 8 accounting firm for audit failure.
- Salazar v. Chew & Associates, Case No. 04 L 326 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We successfully defended an immigration lawyer in a malpractice case.
- Othman v. Burke & Burke, Case No. 98 L 2075 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We successfully represented our client in a malpractice case against his former attorney.
- Guerrant and Guerrant v. D'Ancona & Pflaum, Case No. 01 M1 114215 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We represented clients in malpractice action against major law firm.