Banking & Finance Litigation
Torshen, Slobig & Axel, Ltd. represents clients in litigation arising from our clients' relationships with banks and financial institutions, including lawsuits involving secured and unsecured loans, guarantees, mortgages and other liens, and bank fraud.
- American National Bank and Trust Co. v. Stratford Safety Products, Inc., et al., Case No. 01 CH 6363 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We represented former officers of a corporation in defending claims brought in connection with default on corporate loan.
- Cole Taylor Bank v. Yale Insurance Agency, Inc., Case No. 91 L 6478 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We represented an insurance agency in a dispute concerning a line of credit.
- American Nat. Bank and Trust Co. of Chicago v. Mack, 311 Ill.App.3d. 583, 724 N.E.2d. 1014, 244 Ill. Dec. 126 (1st Dist. 2000). We represented a guarantor in defeating a bank's efforts to enforce a guaranty.
- Bragg v. Rubenstein, Case No. 87 CH 4075 (Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois). We represented bank shareholders in an action against a dishonest bank president.
- Mars Steel Corp. v. Continental Illinois Nat. Bank and Trust Co. of Chicago, 834 F.2d. 677 (7th Cir. 1989). We successfully represented a class of borrowers in a class action suit alleging bank fraud.